||Welcome to CrimeTimes.org
Crime Times is a quarterly publication of The Wacker Foundation concentrating on the links between brain dysfunction and disordered/ criminal/ psychopathic behavior.
Most current efforts to fight crime focus on sociological approaches: counseling and rehabilitation for offenders, tougher laws intended to discourage criminal acts, and better parenting and better education to prevent at-risk children from becoming delinquents and criminals.
These well-intentioned approaches have one thing in common: they frequently fail. Why? Because they fail to acknowledge that many criminals suffer from brain malfunctions which prevent them from benefiting from sociological or psychological interventions. Research shows that chronic offenders exhibit brain dysfunction leading to extreme "dyslogic." Many exhibit a lack of insight and foresight, a lack of empathy for animals and people, a low anger threshold, poor abstract thinking and social skills, a lack of fear and remorse, impulsivity, and an inability to realize the consequences of their actions or to learn from experience.
The more we learn about the brain dysfunction that underlies much delinquency and criminality, the more successful we will be in truly rehabilitating offenders, and preventing "at risk" children and adults
from turning to lives of crime. The purpose of Crime Times is to foster this effort by reporting state-of-the-art worldwide research on the causes and treatment of aberrant behavior.
Topics addressed by Crime Times include:
- ADHD, aggression, conduct disorder, antisocial behavior, delinquency, impulsivity, violence,
- The effects of imbalances of neurotransmitters and hormones, such as serotonin, thyroid,
- Structural abnormalities of the brain.
- Genetics, premature birth, low birthweight, and perinatal trauma.
- Food and chemical sensitivities.
- Environmental contaminants such as lead, manganese, mercury, and pesticides.
- Maternal smoking, alcohol and drug abuse.
- Medical and nutritional interventions.
- New books and information from leading experts.